Monday, April 13, 2009

"Stand-In Groom" by Kaye Dacus

Kaye Dacus has me hoping she will write another book real soon. She has a delightful way of capturing one’s interest almost immediately and then holding it throughout the book. “Stand-In Groom” is a contemporary romance but is filled with laughs as well as suspense. When Anne Hawthorne meets George Laurence, she is so immediately attracted to him that she is convinced that he is the one she has been praying God would send her way. It seems he is just as attracted to her. The problem is that the situation is impossible as he is committed to his employer to secrecy and is only a stand-in for the real groom. When Anne learns he is engaged and that she is being asked to plan the wedding, she wonders if she can do it.

Both of the characters are believers and trying to find the person God has planned for them knowing that He has a plan for each of them that will be perfect if they are willing to be patient and wait on His timing. Overcoming great fears, learning to forgive and trust are all issues that the author explores in a Biblical way. It is easy to identify with many of the problems that these characters face and through it all I came away with my faith strengthened. It was very entertaining and I will be most anxious to have my friends read it as I am convinced they will enjoy it just as much as I did.

2 comments:

Kaye Dacus said...

Lynn--
You're in luck--the sequel to Stand-In Groom, Menu for Romance, comes out at the beginning of July! And I'm currently writing the third book in the series, which features Anne's cousin Forbes Guidry as the romantic hero--for those, like me, who can't get enough of these characters.

Mary Lynn Griswold said...

Thanks Kaye:

I can hardly wait. You have a great gift and I am so glad you are using it to glorify the Lord. Keep up the good work.

Mary Lynn Griswold